Languages Around the Globe would like to present to you a compilation of video blogs and YouTube channels! With your help we’ll will continue to grow this list together in an attempt to create an easy access resource for all language learners searching for new inspiration, advice or camaraderie.
Information about each polyglot/linguist is copied directly from their “about” sections or links on their blogs or websites.
Please submit your favorite language learning channels so we can expand this list! If you’ve got material of your own that you’d like us to help you promote, do so here!
If you notice any links to dead sites or that are otherwise broken please let me know!
Professor Jason is your source for informative videos on Spanish and Portuguese
, General polyglottery, accent training, learning techniques.
“On this channel I give demonstrations of language ability and hints on how to best learn foreign languages”
“Steve Kaufmann, CEO and founder of Lingq.com, is a lifelong language learner who now speaks 11 languages. He is a proponent of natural and enjoyable language learning”
“This website is about how to learn to speak Czech fluently. It isn’t aimed at professional linguists or advanced Czech speakers. It is more aimed at people with some basic knowledge of Czech, who want to get to the point where they feel comfortable with the language.”
“In my travels I try to get a good idea of the culture and language of where I go. These videos are my attempt of giving a documentary-style outlook on some of my experiences and the people I meet. I also make travel and language learning videos. Many of my earlier videos are fully translated to 7 languages, and nowadays I make a video in just one or two languages every week or two, so that I can focus on writing on my blog.”
– Motivation and language learning.
– Teenage old polyglot speaking 11+ languages.
” Videos about language learning, linguistics and polyglottery.”
“In this channel I talk about learning languages, but also about other stuff that I consider it may be interesting.
FREE mini course for learning Spanish (best methods and techniques):”
“This blog, and my will have a symbiotic relationship. They both deal with learning foreign languages, polyglots, foreign language course reviews, etc., but sometimes one medium is just more effective over the other in getting certain points across. I will, therefore alternate between the two.”
“My name is Luca and I’m from Italy. This channel is dedicated to my greatest passion — languages. I’ve been studying languages for about 20 years and a few years ago I reached a very important conclusion: languages cannot be taught; they can only be learned. Once you realize that it totally changes your approach and you understand why the famous “language classes” have such a low success rate. So I decided to share not only my passion for languages but also techniques for studying them, with optimism, passion, effective methods and experience. Learning a new language takes time but it’s not difficult. My mission is to help people understand that”
“Polyglot Lifestyle Channel from woman to women.
I’m a linguist with a MA degree in Romance Languages. I studied Spanish and Italian on two different Universities in Germany, but my mother tongue is Polish. The key area of my course was always language contact from the social and individual point of view.
I speak five languages fluently (Polish, Spanish, Italian, English and German) and couple of more languages on intermediate and beginner level (Catalan, Russian, French).”
“Learning Korean made fun and easy! Check out our daily Korean lessons at
– Since this series of lessons on the Russian alphabet are enjoying an unexpected level of popularity with people interested in learning Russian , I thought I would group the lessons together in a playlist to make it easier to find them. The goldlist material, relating to language learning method, is found between the lessons in order to break things up a bit, as are other Huliganov language learning related videos.
It isn’t all 100% aimed at the Russian learner, but should all be relevant to students of language. RL 101 course covers the alphabet and RL 102 is in the course of covering grammar other than the focus on nouns and adjectives. The basic cases are taught using pronouns, and verb forms, prepositions and adjectives are all covered at an initial level in the 102 course. The structure of the lessons at the outset contained a joke and a song. In order to keep items shorter and make them easier to handle in Windows Movie Maker, I gradually changed to either a joke or a song. Some lessons, especially in the earlier parts of RL 102, are two parters, other than that they are one part lessons
– Learn Chinese with Yangyang with short and fun video lessons. High quality, comprehensive videos about Chinese pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary and culture. For the complete list of Yangyang’s courses, please visit www.yoyochinese.com
– My name is Maha and I’m a language teacher. This channel is for all of you who are interested in learning Arabic, Hebrew and Italian. I am myself a student learning German and showing you my learning progress .
– Hello, welcome to “The Maltese Vault” where you can learn the Maltese language comfortably at your place. I am Kristina Galea and I offer you free Maltese lessons on this youtube channel. If you have any suggestions, feedback or questions, do not hesitate to ask me.
– (With Chris Broholm) “The Actual Fluency YouTube channel is where I post videos about language learning, my own vlogs and Danish Language Lessons that I create.”
– “Certified Spanish teacher by Instituto Cervantes. Spanish lessons by María Ortega García. Find more in www.mariortegagarcia.com and speak Spanish now!”“A Polish teenager, who decided to start his adventure with languages. In his short videos, he shows what he has learned, focusing mostly on Hebrew.”
-“Smart and crispy German teaching. Learn the German Grammar in little bits of 3-5 minutes and make use of it a lifetime.
It is possible to speak basic but proper German (that’s called level B1) in just 30 days. Watch my videos and subscribe as there is more to come every now and then. For more tips and tricks and background information on how this all works check out my blog on
I wish you success with your German learning.”
– “Lindsay Does Languages is all about inspiring language learning. Sometimes I talk about language, sometimes I talk with others about language, and sometimes I talk in a different language. Whatever’s going on, it’ll be fun. You should totally come along for the ride.”
– “Olly Richards, Welcome to I Will Teach You A Language, where you get honest advice and practical tips for learning foreign languages.”
– “This channel is about how to learn Ukrainian language fast and efficiently. I speak more than a dozen foreign languages myself, and therefore I want to share my experience with people around the world of how to acquire my native Ukrainian language fast and with ease. The key topic here will be online Ukrainian lessons, interviews with people who study Ukrainian and insights into Ukrainian culture.”
– This very well put together German podcast offers learners an opportunity to listen to the language at a more relaxed pace. With something to offer learners no matter how new. -Brian